In this guide, you will find details on how you can keep your certification(s) current by logging Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points in MyAxelos.
The Continuing Professional Development program (CPD) by PeopleCert is aimed at helping you remain competitive in the fast-paced job market by facilitating your continuous professional growth. Keep yourself updated with the necessary skills required to succeed in your chosen field and excel in your career.
By continuously learning and acquiring certifications for your new skills, you can:
- Maintain your competitive edge with industry-relevant skills, knowledge, ideas, and learning
- Increase your career advancement opportunities and stay ahead of the competition in the job market
- Demonstrate your commitment to improving your skills to present and future employers
- Enhance your productivity and efficiency
- Enhance your personal brand and bolster your professional resume.
Which Certifications to keep up to date
Individuals who hold a certification from PeopleCert Global Best Practice have the option to renew it within three years from their initial certification date.
Certifications with the option to renew after 3 years:
- ITIL® 4
- PRINCE2® 5th and 6th
- PRINCE2® Agile
- MSP® 4th and 5th
- M_o_R® 3rd and 4th
How can Certifications be renewed?
There are three ways to renew PeopleCert certifications:
- You can retake the same exam by which you were certified prior to the renewal date.
- You can attend another course within the same product suite and take the exam before the renewal date.
- Collect and log CPD points (available from March 2023).
Current MyAxelos subscribers will still have the option to log their CPD points.
When do I need to renew my Certifications?
It depends on whether you were certified before or after June 2020.
- If you were certified before 30 June 2020: You will have until 1 July 2023 to choose to renew your certification(s), regardless of your original award date.
- If you were certified after June 2020: You will have the option to renew your certification(s) within 3 years of the original award date.
You can maintain your Foundation certified status by:
- Retaking an examination before the certification expiry date
- Attending additional course(s) during validity period
- Collecting and logging professional development points (CPD)
How to Check ITIL Certifications
In case you have previously obtained a certification through HDAA, you can retrieve your candidate information by logging into your candidate account. You can check your certification renewal status and review your candidate information by visiting:
Subscribe to MyAxelos through your PeopleCert account.
If you choose to maintain your certification(s) via the CPD logging pathway, we would recommend you subscribe to an annual membership, this way you can log CPD activities throughout the year without the need to resubscribe each month.
On the homepage, you can check if you are eligible to keep your certifcation(s) current by logging CPDs.
Click on the CPD menu item to start managing the CPDs.
Start logging CPDs by clicking on the add CPD button.
Certifcations: Select the certfications which this activity applies to. You can select multiple qualifcations for each activity.
Type of CPD: Choose one of 3 the categories for each activity.
Description field: Provide details of the activity for which you are logging your CPDs.
Points I’m claiming: Within Professional Education and Community, one point equates to one hour’s worth of effort. You can record a minimum of 30 minutes or 0.5 points, and a maximum of 15 hours or 15 points per activity.
Take into consideration that each point is rounded (i.e. if you add 5.2 this will change to 5, 6.7 will change 7 etc.). If you add more points than required, then this message will appear:
Completion date: For the five points of Professional Experience, you will need to list five separate activities that you undertook in your role that relate to the best practice knowledge gained in your certfication(s), and that link to the skills and behaviours within your certification)(s).
What did you learn: Free text mandatory field
Include an attachment (not mandatory): Candidates can add multiple attachments for each activity in the following file formats: PDF, JPEG, PNG, DOC, XLS.
Click Submit: If you need more CPD points to complete the year, a message will appear
When you reach 20 logged CPD points, you will see the following message: Congratulations! You have logged all CPD points for this year!