This document outlines examples of the processes, policies and procedures you need to have in place to implement Service Asset and Configuration Management in your organisation.This template covers not only the processes as recommended by ITIL®, but information your people (staff) and support system provider will need.
This template is open to interpretation, so if it makes sense for you to do something differently to what we have outlined in the template, then feel free to do so. Once you have expanded on the document to suit your individual organisations needs, your support system provider can use it to configure the system to underpin your processes.
Your staff can also use it to understand how the process will work in your environment and how it will be monitored and reported against – it defines the goalposts. Why not involve staff in the job of amending this document to suit your environment – after all, involvement breeds acceptance.
Please review the PDF document, before contacting HDAA for the editable word document to suit your organisation requirements.
The Table of Contents for this document is listed below:
1. Implementing Service Asset & Configuration Management;
2. Document Control;
3. Service Asset & Configuration Management Scope;
4. Service Asset & Configuration Management Process;
5. Configuration Procedural Documentation;
6. Responsibilities RACI Matrix; &
7. Management Information, Critical Success Factors & Key Performance Indicators.